Saturday, May 22, 2010

The socking no longer secret secret of 007

So there was a school social last Thursday. Whether or not I mentioned it before is actually quite irrelevant, because now you know. The theme was 007, and I rocked up in a tuxedo because I'm awesome (or because it was the only way to bail out of wearing a dress and looking like a mega prat). Well, it doesn't really matter - because I got to dance with all my beautiful mates and go kind of high on coke and red lollies =D

Anyway, so before I left the house I started hunting around for a pair of white socks - because I thought it'd match the black/white style outfit. And it was one of those convenient days when you actually need something and it's decided to play master level hide and seek. It was then that I actually realized that you wouldn't even be able to see what socks I would be wearing anyway. For all anyone knew, I could have worn my fluffy green socks with the skid proof bottoms or my stripey knee high socks under my pants and shoes and they would be none the wiser.

So if I can get away with wearing any socks in the world - what do the real 007 actors get away with?
Did Sean Connery indulge in silky socks with little bows?
Did David Niven wear poca dotted high socks?
Did George Lazenby secretly cherish toe socks?
Perhaps Roger Moore always had holes in his socks?
Or maybe Timothy Dalton liked socks with small plush animals stitched onto the sides?
Pierce Brosnan... perhaps he had a pair of MUSICAL socks? (although for all our sakes, let's just hope he didn't have socks which sung his own voice)
And Daniel Craig? How do we know what dark secrets he's hiding behind those shiny, polished shoes?

Food for thought =D

1 comment:

  1. great post :)
    i like the Pierce Brosnan assumption.
    he would deffs have some musical notes on his socks. ;)

    ReplyDelete