Sunday, March 21, 2010

Arrival de la lit

OH YES. At last, after one year and several months (September 2008-Now. You do the math) I am now the owner, and sole owner, and rightful owner, and finally an owner of A BED :D

They called on Wednesday, and at last, on Friday all the parts arrived! Yesterday was spent cleaning out my room (of course, mum went spats at me over every particle of dust. But, really, how are you supposed to dust the floor when there's a whole sofa/desk in the way? Just as well as she didn't check the wardrobe. Would've had a nasty shock there hahaha)

So I had to basically move my dressing table (which weighs about 65kg, I'd estimate) by myself without scratching any of the floorboards that got put in last year so I had to lift the blasted table (*sweat*) and get my desk into the hall way without knocking any of the stuff on it over...
And then mum and I lifted the various heavy parts of the bed into my room.

Assembling it was fun. It was like building lego furniture, except on a slightly larger scale. Little brother was under the heavy supporting part when we were lifting it onto the side of the bed. Kid kept looking he was under severe stress and fear that we were going to drop it on him (which probably would have given him permanent damage if we had :). But eventually the job was done, and the day ended up nicely with watching 2 episodes of Boys Before Flowers! (yeah, so much for homework! >.< )

So I think in total I must have lifted quite a lot of furniture. I ought to have rock hard muscles by now, but when I check my arms this morning, they're just as squishy as always... *sigh*
Darn, guess I should start doing chin ups on my new bed :D

And for those of you who think this is a trifling matter: YOU TRY SLEEPING ON THE GROUND FOR A YEAR AND SEVERAL MONTHS AND TELL ME THAT YOU LIKE IT. I don't know which person who said sleeping on a hard surface is good for you back, but I'm pretty sure my back is crooked-ish anyway. So don't listen to him, that's all :)

1 comment: