Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Zoooooom.

Sorry, my English assignment still isn't done yet. I've just gotten caught up in so many other things... but... I have some highly amusing news! You've probably already heard it....but....oh well, here it is anyway:

Jet Blue flight attendant, Steven Slater, 39, dramatically resigned after a row with a passenger by activating the emergency slide and sliding down it, beer in hand, at New York's JFK airport. A passenger had tried to open the overhead compartment before being instructed to by the cabin crew. Slater reprimanded the passenger after a piece of luggage reportedly landed on him and a row ensued, according to eye witnesses. Slater then proceeded to announce his immediate resignation using the on-board PA system.

Passenger Philip Catelinet said Slater announced 'To the passenger who called me a **Bad Words**. I’ve been in this business 28 years. And that’s it, I’m done.’
He then grabbed at least one beer, activated the slide, went down it and ran to his car. Slater was arrested some time later at his New York state home and charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing.

Poor guy. Must've been a build up of stress and bad day syndrome before he finally cracked it.
All I can say.....is that I wish I'd been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment