Monday, April 26, 2010

I have decided...

to convert from Doughnutism to Donutism.
Since always spelling doughnut/donut as 'Doughnut' because I assumed that it was made of dough, I never fully figured out which was the correct spelling. So I went and asked google, but he wasn't much of a help either. Apparently it is acceptable to spell doughnut/donut as "doughnut" or "donut."

And I, being rather stupid, opted for the longer, more difficult "D-O-U-G-H-N-U-T." I just thought donut was another example of the Americans being rebellious ("favorite," "color," "mom") but apparently I was wrong again.

And so on Saturday, after craving doughnuts/donuts for like 3 months, I ate my first doughnut/donut in ages. And if you're wondering why it's been so long since I've eaten one, it's because Emily put some silly notion into mother's head that doughnuts/donuts were the most fattening food on planet earth which resulted in almost 6 months without a single doughnut/donut much to my displeasure, if that's a word.

So it was then, with half a doughnut/donut in my mouth, that I realized that Donut King spells it as "donut." And if they do...then obviously they're correct, yes?

Basically what I'm trying to say is that D-O-N-U-T is my new, correct-er and much better spelling. Doughnut was confusing anyway. I can really imagine someone asking me "why the heck were you eating "Duff-nuts?"" (as in 'ough' in 'enough.')

So yeah. Happy donuts everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment