Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Aussie Aussie Aussie

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY (:

I hope you all sincerely enjoy this public holiday as remembrance of the day of Australia's federation. The six states joining together as one for reasons which include Defence, Immigration, Economy and Nationalism (thanks Mr W), and no I did not look at my SOSE notes just then. Isn't it absolutely fascinating? o.O

Well, I don't know if today's the day to be all Aussie and all, but I must be one of the lousiest Australians in Australia since I'm not even bothering to move my bum out of the house to go to the fireworks or anything. I've seen the fireworks before around six or seven times... kind of over it now. The Royal Show ones are better (though I'm not really into the royal show either).

And what kind of public holiday is this if my mum won't even let me skip out on music practice? (like she does on Christmas and my birthday) Come on...if you think about it, without federation, WA might have been attacked and invaded by NSW or something, and all the WA people would have been massacred, and we wouldn't be here to enjoy Australia day today. So really, I should be able to take a break and celebrate life in WA Australia, and being thankful that federation prevented an invasion and massacre from NSW. Unfortunately, mum doesn't quite see things this way :/

Don't you just love how google always changes on a special day?

And, just for fun, I google imaged "aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi." This picture was the first result:

lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment